Bethesda's Fallout previews, with an old-timey narrator and simple animations, are often both adorable and disturbing. The studio's newest trailer for Fallout 76 exhibits both those traits, and shows off several potential situations for multiplayer parties to get themselves embroiled in.
Earlier this week, Bethesda dropped some details on how players would battle each other, but this sneak peek is focused squarely on tenuous cooperation. Though not gameplay footage, the video shows teams of vault-dwellers doing things that will most likely exist in-game.
The activities shown include:
- Battling monsters together (potentially using a team-based V.A.T.S system?)
- Fending off hordes with automated defenses
- Eating and drinking together
- Accidentally triggering traps
- Taking your dead friends' loot once you accidentally triggered the traps
- Getting into fights with rival squads of players
The dark comedy and colorful look of this preview cartoon are unmistakably Fallout; Bethesda is making serious efforts to let players know that, even with the massive changes, this will still be the absurd post-apocalypse they know and love.