Here's Everything You Missed From Today's Nintendo Indies Showcase
Nintendo held their Nindies showcase today, revealing and detailing a number of smaller and major indie games coming to the Nintendo Switch in the coming weeks and months. Since its release two years ago, the Switch has ended up as a considerable tour de force for indie games and showcases like this, showing off everything from unforeseen ports to major collaborations with indie developers today.
Here's a quick rundown of what you might have missed.
- Cuphead arrives on Switch April 18 thanks to developers Studio MDHR and Microsoft.
- Squad-focused turn-based strategy game Overland coming this Fall.
- Madcap 2D shooter My Friend Pedro makes murder an art and releases June as a console exclusive.
- Narrative driving game Neo Cab will hit the Switch this summer.
- Red Lantern, a narrative game about surviving the Iditarod with a team of sled dogs arrives later this year.
- Darkwood, the popular PC horror game about surviving in the dark woods while a disease destroys the world, hits the Switch in May.
- Katana Zero, a fun and fast-paced 2D action game about achieving a perfect run, hits in just a few weeks on April 18.
- Double Fine's newest game, Rad, is a roguelite action game about rescuing the world after it has ended twice. You can cancel the third apocalypse this Summer.
- Creature in the Well combines character action gameplay with pinball in a fantastic-looking adventure when the game releases this Summer.
- Vlambeer is bringing a number of their games like Super Crate Box in April and Nuclear Throne today. The indie developer also announced Vlambeer Arcade, which brings small but meaty ideas over time, starting with a 2D shooter named Ultrabugs.
- Bloodroots, an isometric action game about killing every bad guy in the room as interestingly as possible, releases on Switch this Summer.
- Open world action survival game Pine has the player interacting or warring with various different animal factions. The game will launch this August on Switch.
- Underwater multiplayer shooter Swimsanity puts players together in multiplayer madness this summer.
- Blaster Master Zero 2, a sequel to the Switch reboot of the classic 8-bit game, is out today. The game is developed by Inti-Creates, developers of games like Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon and Dragon: Marked for Death.
- Stranger Things 3: The Game is a beat 'em up made to coincide with the release of Stranger Things season 3 and launches alongside it on July 4.
- A new Crypt of the Necrodancer game, the surprise indie hit that combines dungeon crawling and rhythm action, is a collaboration with Nintendo's The Legend of Zelda series. Cadence of Hyrule releases this Spring.
What did you think of the indie showcase? Did anything particularly wow you? Let us know below in the comments.