Demon's Souls Among Next-Gen Games That Will Cost $70
Earlier this year, talk began about what sort of price tag PS5 and Xbox Series X games would have. While some studios have confirmed that they will be offering games for $70, it doesn't look like that will be the necessary standard for all future releases. That being said, Demon's Souls for PlayStation 5 will be among some of the next-gen games that will have the higher cost.
In a recent post over on the official PlayStation Blog, Sony Interactive Entertainment President Jim Ryan confirmed the price points for several games coming out for the PS5. Among the prices revealed is that the Demon's Souls remake will be retailing for the aforementioned $69.99.
- Astro’s Playroom (Japan Studio) – pre-installed on PS5
- Demon’s Souls (Bluepoint Games / Japan Studio) – US$69.99/¥7,900/€79.99 (RRP)
- Destruction All Stars (Lucid Games / XDEV) – US$69.99/¥7,900/€79.99 (RRP)
- Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales (Insomniac Games) – US$49.99/¥5,900/€59.99 (RRP)
- Marvel’s Spider-Man: Mile Morales Ultimate Edition (Insomniac Games) – US$69.99/¥7,900/€79.99 (RRP)
- Sackboy A Big Adventure (Sumo Digital / XDEV) – US$59.99/¥6,900/€69.99 (RRP)
Destruction All-Stars will also have a similar price tag in addition to the Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales Ultimate Edition. Sackboy: A Big Adventure will be retailing for the usual $59.99, and the standard Miles Morales experience will be set for $49.99.
The talk of the higher price point for games isn't anything new. We've seen price changes fluctuate quite a bit over the course of every generation. That being said, $69.99 will not necessarily be the new standard for every game release, but gamers should be prepared to see this number much more frequently going forward.
What do you think about the updated $69.99 cost for games in the upcoming generation? Is the Demon's Soul remake justified with the higher asking price? Weigh in with your thoughts in the comment section below!
[Source: PlayStation Blog]