The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's Next Patch Outlined, Bigger Text On The Way
Though its release date has not been revealed, CD Project Red put together a big old list of changes you can expect to see in The Witcher III's next patch.
You can find the notes here on CD Project Red's forums, or by checking out the list below.
- Geralt will not longer interact with candles near chests and other interactive elements.
- General stability and performance improvements
- Significantly Enlarged GUI and HUD elements (including fonts) on consoles and slightly on PC.
- Improved camera smoothness
- Performance improvements during some cutscenes.
- Fixed case where game was crashing on loading a save in certain situations
- Various bug fixes and user experience improvements in GUI panels.
- Fixed issue where some players were unable to run after Wandering in the Dark quest
- Fixed issue where players were unable to talk to Eight after the Lord of Undvik quest
- Too many wild hunt minions were spawned during Ciri's Story: Fleeing the Bog quest.
- Fixed issue where Keira could sometimes fall under terrain during Wandering in the Dark quest
- Fixed issue where Player was unable to move freely during Blindingly Obvious quest
- Fixed issue where Player was unable to activate portal during Wandering in the Dark quest
- Fixed issue where Player could get trapped in Turseach castle ruins
- Fixed issue where Roche was not present at Hanged Man's tree during Eye for an Eye quest
- Fixed issue where Player was unable to talk or interact with certain NPCs
- Fixed issue where Sirens in quest Lord of Undvik could be invulnerable.
- Fixed issue where player was unable to use certain actions after Carnal Sins quest
- Fixed issue where Geralt was sometimes unable to mount Roach
- Fixed issue where some players where experiencing infinite loading screen during King's Gambit quest.
- Fixed issue where Simun was not properly spawned in An Unpaid Debt quest
- Fixed issue where player might have had a progression break after choosing certain dialogue option when talking to Dijkstra in Count Reuven's Treasure quest
- The Pyres of Novigrad quest is of course going to be fixed as well as the XP glitch.
The list is long and specific, but one the biggest complaints is thankfully being addressed – the font size of the text is too small. Hopefully fixes for the Xbox One's save errors and the PlayStation 4's experience gain errors are on the way in this patch, too.
For our review of The Witcher III: Wild Hunt, head here.
[Source: CD Projekt Red forums]
Bugs are unfortunate, and The Witcher III seems to have plenty (if the myriad online gifs and YouTube uploads are any indication). CD Projekt Red has been doing a good job making sure everything gets fixed as quickly as possible, though, so I commend them for their continued efforts.