Black Ops II, Halo 4 Lead November Sales
U.S. retail tracking firm NPD released its sales results for November 2012. Total video game sales at retail fell 11 percent compared to last year at the same time. For the month, Microsoft sold 1.26 million Xbox 360 consoles, which is down from the 1.7 million it sold last year during the same time period.
Sony and Nintendo have not released November console sales data.
“Despite an overall retail video game decline of 11 percent, November had the smallest year-over-year decrease we have seen for dollar and unit sales so far this year," NPD analyst Liam Callahan said. "This is a sign of momentum going into the December holiday period.”
Below are the top 10 games sold at retail in the U.S per NPD:
- Call of Duty: Black Ops II (360, PS3, PC, Wii U)**
- Halo 4 (360)**
- Assassin's Creed III (360, PS3, Wii U, PC)**
- Just Dance 4 (Wii, 360, Wii U, PS3)
- Madden NFL 13 (360, PS3, Wii, PSV, Wii U)
- Skylander Giants (Wii, 360, PS3, 3DS, Wii U)**
- Need for Speed: Most Wanted 2012 (PS3, 360, PSV, PC)
- NBA 2K13 (360, PS3, Wii, PSP, Wii U, PC)**
- WWE 13 (360, PS3, Wii)
- FIFA Soccer 13 (360, PS3, Wii, PSV, 3DS, Wii U, PSP)
**(includes CE, GOTY editions, bundles, etc. but not those bundled with hardware)