Fuser Trailer Shows Harmonix’s Next Take On Music Gameplay
Anyone with even a passing knowledge of the music gaming genre is familiar with Harmonix, or at least one of the studio’s many games. The developer has been synonymous with music gaming experiences for decades, and consistently reinvents itself with new perspectives on the always-changing world of popular music.
The studio’s latest effort is Fuser, a music mixing game that targets the festival music scene – in particular the music mixing DJ culture that helps define that experience for fans. In its gameplay, Fuser allows players to draw individual parts of a bunch of different songs – including vocals, guitars, drums, and more – and add them into a growing mix. Thanks to some remarkable technology behind the scenes, the music that results manages to sound great, like it was meant to go together, no matter which songs you select.
From there, it’s all about changing up the mix with new parts (often in response to fan demands), hitting the downbeats to create smooth transitions, and even writing in your own riffs on instruments like synths and drums, which then get added into the song as it plays live. And unlike many of Harmonix’s previous projects, Fuser requires no additional peripherals.
The game begins pre-orders today for a planned fall release, and doing so nets you three bonus DLC songs: Dua Lipa “New Rules,” Khalid “Young Dumb & Broke,” and The Killers “Mr. Brightside.”
In addition, Harmonix is offering a digital-only VIP edition that includes entitlements for the first 25 DLC songs, along with several in-game apparel options for your DJ. You can check out participating retailers by clicking over to the game's official site.
NCSOFT is handling publishing duties on the project, and platforms include PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC.
Check out the new trailer below, and scroll past the video to read a list of the 34 songs already announced to be included in the core game release - the full game will include over 100 songs, even before the inevitable flow of DLC songs gets started.
Fuser Announced Song List
- 50 Cent “In Da Club”
- Armin van Buuren “Blah Blah Blah”
- Billie Eilish “bad guy”
- Blue Öyster Cult “(Don’t Fear) The Reaper”
- Brad Paisley “Mud On The Tires”
- Cardi B “Bodak Yellow”
- Carly Rae Jepsen “Call Me Maybe”
- The Chainsmokers ft. Daya “Don’t Let Me Down”
- The Clash “Rock the Casbah”
- Coldplay “Clocks”
- DMX “X Gon’ Give It to Ya”
- Dua Lipa “Don't Start Now”
- Fatboy Slim “The Rockafeller Skank"
- Grand Master Melle Mel “The Message (2012)”
- Imagine Dragons “Thunder”
- J. Balvin & Willy William “Mi Gente”
- Jonas Brothers “Sucker”
- Lady Gaga “Born This Way”
- Lil Nas X ft. Billy Ray Cyrus “Old Town Road (Remix)”
- Lizzo “Good As Hell”
- LMFAO ft. Lauren Bennett & GoonRock “Party Rock Anthem”
- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ft. Wanz “Thrift Shop”
- Meghan Trainor “Me Too”
- Migos “Stir Fry”
- Nelly “Hot In Herre”
- Panic! At The Disco “High Hopes”
- Pitbull ft. Ne-Yo, Afrojack & Nayer “Give Me Everything”
- Post Malone “Better Now”
- Sia ft. Sean Paul “Cheap Thrills”
- Smash Mouth “All Star”
- Twenty One Pilots “Stressed Out”
- Warren G & Nate Dogg “Regulate”
- Whitney Houston “I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me)”
- Zedd, Maren Morris & Grey “The Middle”