Mario Kart 8 Deluxe: Booster Course Pass Wave 1 Update Out Now, Launch Trailer Released
Nintendo announced last month that Mario Kart 8 Deluxe will be getting 48 new tracks by 2023 and that the tracks would be released in six waves, with each wave adding eight new tracks.
Now, a little over a month later, Wave 1 of the Booster Course Pass is live alongside a new 2.0.0 update. As expected, this update brings the new courses to the game for those who pay and it prepares the new courses for online play (starting March 21) alongside some minor fixes. Plus, Nintendo has released a new launch trailer that highlights the eight new courses added to Mario Kart 8 Deluxe today.
As you can see in the trailer above, those courses are: Paris Promenade, Toad Circuit, Choco Mountain, Coconut Mall, Tokyo Blur, Shroom Ridge, Sky Garden, and Ninja Hideaway. Some of these Wave 1 courses are returning favorites while others are new, having only been around since the mobile Mario Kart game, Mario Kart Tour.
In terms of what the 2.0.0 update does to Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, here’s what’s new:
Support for DLC
- Now supports Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – Booster Course Pass (Wave 1: 8 courses)
- If someone in the lobby has the “Booster Course Pass,” all players can select one of the pass courses.
- This supports “Friends,” “Wireless Play,” and “LAN Play.”
- Starting March 21st, you can select course from the Booster Course Pass in online play.
- Supports “Worldwide,” “Regional,” and “Tournaments.”
- Even if the player does not own the “Booster Course Pass,” they can play courses from the pass randomly.
- Shortened the time it takes for an Item Box to regenerate when it gets taken by someone else.
- Fixed an issue where a communication error occurs when 12 people matched during online play.
- You need to download the latest update data in order to play online.
- If you download the latest update data, you will not be able to do “Wireless Play” or LAN Play” with other players who are using data from a previous update.
- The update data contains fixes to issues that improve gameplay experience, and other content that is not listed here.
- In order to download the update data, you need enough space on your system memory or microSD Card.
For more about Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, read Game Informer’s Mario Kart 8 Deluxe review and then catch up on all the details surrounding the game’s new Booster Course Pass.
Are you jumping into Mario Kart 8 Deluxe today? Let us know in the comments below!