Check Out The First Few Pokémon Sword & Shield Cards From The Galar Collection Boxes
With Pokémon Sword & Shield ushering in the new generation of Game Freak's beloved creatures on Nintendo Switch, it was only a matter of time before the Trading Card Game began embracing the new set of characters. While the first main expansion of the Sword & Shield era isn't scheduled to hit until February, the TCG has released Galar Collection Boxes featuring the three starters from the new games.
We were sent all three Galar Collection Boxes. Each is themed after Grookey, Scorbunny, or Sobble and comes with a foil card for each of the new starters. Since you get all three starters in each box, it doesn't matter which box you choose, aside from the included pin. However, each starter has two distinct cards, but thankfully, if you're trying to collect them all, you can see which Galar cards are included in each box. The boxes also come with a giant-sized card of Zacian or Zamazenta, as well as four booster packs from previous expansions.
You can see every new Sword & Shield card available in the Galar Collection Boxes below.
For more on the Pokémon Trading Card Game, check out our big galleries for many of the most recent expansions.
- Sun and Moon – Hidden Fates and Unified Minds
- Sun and Moon – Unbroken Bonds
- Sun and Moon – Team Up
- Sun and Moon – Lost Thunder
- Sun and Moon – Celestial Storm
- Sun and Moon – Forbidden Light
- Sun and Moon – Ultra Prism
- Sun and Moon – Shining Legends
- Sun and Moon – Burning Shadows
- Sun and Moon – Guardians Rising
- Sun and Moon
- XY Generations/XY Evolutions
- Premium Trainer's XY Collection