Rocket League's Wacky New Mode Rumble Arrives This September
A wave of silly and wacky power-ups are headed to Rocket League with its newest mode titled Rumble, which will release this September. The expansion was announced today at the finale of the Rocket League Championship in Hollywood. Rumble will bring 11 power-ups, from kicking an opponent with a giant boot to using a grappling hook to pull you towards the ball.
Below is the full list of power-ups coming to the new mode:
- The Boot (Kicks an opponent’s car)
- Disruptor (Forces your opponent to drive uncontrollably)
- Freezer (Freezes the ball in-place)
- Grappling Hook (Pulls you towards the ball)
- Haymaker (Punches the ball)
- Magnetizer (Attracts the ball to your car)
- Plunger (Grabs the ball via plunger and cord)
- Power Hitter (Allows you to hit everything harder)
- Spike (Attach the ball to your car when you bump into it)
- Swapper (Change positions on the field with your opponent)
- Tornado (Sweep up the ball and opposing cars into a giant funnel cloud)
Similar to past modes such as Hoops and Mutator, Rumble will appear in online playlists, as well as private and exhibition matches. The mode will be included via an update for the game in September. No concrete release date has been announced outside of that window. Watch the trailer below to see these neat new tricks in action.
[Source: Rocket League Website]