Bloodborne Patch Now Available, Cuts Down Load Times
If there's one thing that's hard to ignore about Bloodborne, it's those pesky load times when you warp or die. From Software has heard fans' pleas and finally released patch 1.03 to improve the matter.
From Software said it was working on a fix to hit this month, and now it's here. According to the Japanese PlayStation Blog, the patch improves the following:
- Reduced loading times (approx. 5-15 seconds; may vary by circumstance)
- Fixed bug that left certain lifts and elevators inoperable
- Fixed bug that resulted in bosses becoming immobilized
- Fixed bug that left players unable to advance NPC events during multi-play
- When the PS4 is put into Rest Mode during online play, the game will now return to the main title screen upon resuming play
- This will resolve matchmaking issues related to Suspend/Resume.
- Other various bug fixes
The update also provides new loading screens with item descriptions.
Be sure to update your game if you want to reduce your wait to get back in the game.
[Source: PlayStation Blog]
Hallelujah! If there's one thing that bothered me about Bloodborne, it was the load times. I'm glad to have a fix, though it would have been nice to see it sooner; the game has been out for a month already, and many players have moved on to other titles. The new loading screens are also a nice touch, since item descriptions help you piece together some of the story elements.