Still Can’t Connect To PlayStation Network? Here's How To Adjust Your Settings
While Sony is reporting that the PlayStation Network is back up after the outages, we’ve been receiving reports from readers that all is still not well. Our own Jeff Marchiafava tried these tips to get his PlayStation 4 connected again, and they might work for you, too.
PlayStation forum user SKShadowGod suggests following these steps to get back online if you are experiencing error CE-33987-0.
- Go into the network settings
- Choose to set up internet connection
- Select the appropriate connection (wired or wireless)
- Choose “Custom”
- Select the appropriate network and enter your password
- Automatically acquire an IP Address
- Do not specify DHCP Host name
- Use automatic DNS settings
- Manually set the MTU
- Change the number to 1472
- Do not use proxy server
- Test your internet connection
Hopefully this gets you back up and running. Good luck.
[Source: PlayStation Forums]