DC Universe Online Continues To See Growth
It appears going Free-to-Play is the best way if you have a struggling MMO game on your hands.
Since removing the monthly subscription costs earlier this month, DC Universe Online continues to see growth in its revenue and active players. Sony Online Entertainment recently announced it gained one million users in just a matter of days since going free-to-play.
The company passed along additional statistics today:
- DCUO's player base grow by 6% a day
- 700% increase in daily revenue (47% PC / 53% PS3)
- Percentage of European players has grown from 20% to 50% of daily log-ins
- More than 85% of daily log-ins are returning players
- Most popular marketplace items are: Vanguard of the Heavens character skin & Additional Character Slots