Microsoft Reveals More Details On Gears 3's Horde Command Pack
Gears of War 3 has been a big hit since its Sept. 20 release, selling more than 3 million copies in its first week alone. Those legions of players will have some more content to play with starting November 1, when the game's first DLC pack is released on Xbox Live.
The Horde Command Pack adds a host of additions to the game's Horde mode (surprise!), including three new maps and playable characters, two new weapon skins, new fortification upgrades, and new achievements worth 250 gamerscore.The pack will set you back 800 Microsoft Points, though you can save a few points in the long run by picking up a season pass for the game's DLC.
Here are the details, straight from Microsoft:
- Blood Drive – The Jacinto Medical Plaza was overwhelmed by evacuated citizens after the government-sanctioned Hammer Strikes, and the ensuing riots quickly turned this safe haven into a dangerous inferno. An abundance of high ground and funneled choke points make this map a returning favorite to Horde.
- Rustlung – Once the pride of the Royal Tyran Navy, the foredecks of this decommissioned battleship are now riddled with bullet holes. Any team with the fortitude to hold the exposed central torpedo bay will find that the ship's Loader has been replaced with a battle-ready Silverback mech suit.
- Azura – This island resort was once the exclusive domain of Sera's educated elite, but the tranquil water gardens and lush foliage have become a hotly contested combat zone. Dual snipers overlook a powerful explosive weapon, while the defensive central platform may be your last resort of retreat.
- Command Center – A brand new type of fortification that allows you to call in fire support from sniper teams, mortar strikes and even multiple Hammers of Dawn.
- Decoy Upgrade – A new fortification level that turns your decoy into an Onyx Guard bot that will fight in your defense.
- Sentry Upgrade – This upgrade adds a fire bolt sentry that deals much more damage and is very effective against Berserkers.
- Silverback Upgrade – This advancement allows you to upgrade your Silverback exo-suit with devastating rockets and extra levels of repair cost reduction.
- Onyx Guard
- Big Rig Dizzy
New weapon skins
- Team Plasma
- Jungle Camo
You can see screens of the characters and maps in the gallery below. Is this what you were hoping to see from the game's first DLC?