Star Wars: The Old Republic
A free-to-play expansion for Star Wars: The Old Republic was announced today by BioWare and LucasArts. Galactic Strongholds arrives this summer; allowing players to obtain and customize personal strongholds.
Galactic Strongholds lets players own and decorate multiple apartments. Apart from just an aesthetic standpoint, the decorations will be used to boost prestige score on a ranked Stronghold directory. Also included in the expansion is the ability for guilds to launch guild flagships where members can socialize or plan ahead.
To commemorate the announcement, subscribers of The Old Republic will be receiving various in-game bonuses based on date of subscription.
- Subscribers as of April 2nd receive: 500 bonus cartel coins.
- Subscribers as of May 4th receive: 1,000 bonus cartel coins.
- Subscribers as of May 11th receive: Early access to Galactic Strongholds on June 24, a Nar Shaddaa stronghold with three additional rooms unlocked (valued at 1,500,000 credits), the stronghold label Galactic Stronghold, and the character title The Illustrious.
- Subscribers beginning June 24th will receive: Early access to Galactic Strongholds on June 24, Nar Shaddaa stronghold (valued: 250,000 credits), the Galactic Stronghold label, and the character title The Illustrious.
- Preferred Status Players beginning July 29 will receive: Early access on July 29, the Galactic Stronghold label, and character title The Illustrious.
Players can get the preferred status by purchasing anything from The Old Republic’s online store. Former subscribers automatically have preferred status.
Star Wars: The Old Republic's Galactic Strongholds expansion will be available to the public in August.