In nearly every mob movie, there's the clean-up guy – the guy whose job it is to make sure all the evidence is disposed of and nobody will go to jail for what just transpired. In Serial Cleaner, you're that guy.
The game thrusts you into a top-down environment moments after a murder has occurred. You must infiltrate the crime scene, avoiding police detection, and dispose of bodies, clean up bloodstains, and hide evidence like murder weapons. The core stages draw inspiration from real world crime scenes. We recently got an exclusive look at the bonus stages from the final release, which draw heavy inspiration from classic movie scenes.
The bonus stages are inspired by films like Enter the Dragon, Taxi Driver, A Clockwork Orange, and One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. You can see the full list of bonus stages below.
- Enter the Cleaner (based on Enter the Dragon)
- Soiled Armour (based on Monty Python and the Holy Grail)
- Taxi Cleaner (based on Taxi Driver)
- The Nun's Hooverslinger (based on Two Mules for Sister Sara)
- Cleaning the Nest (based on One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest)
- Bobby Leaner Cleaning Show (based on Rocky Horror Picture Show)
- Fruit and Gear (based on A Clockwork Orange)
- Star Dusting (based on Star Wars: A New Hope)
- Cleaneria (based on Suspiria)
- In Space, No One Can Hear You Clean (based on Alien) [Pictured Above]
If you'd like to get a sense for how these stages play out, check out the gameplay video below of Star Dusting, which is based on the cantina scene from Star Wars: A New Hope.
In addition to the real-world-inspired core stages and the film-inspired bonus stages, Serial Cleaner also features multiple game modes including different challenge modes. Serial Cleaner launches July 11 on PlayStation 4, and July 14 on Xbox One and Steam.