Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell
Johnny Gat might not be the nicest guy, but he is pretty loyal. That’s why he’s on a mission in Hell to shoot Satan in the face and save the Saints’ Boss.
Along the way, Johnny will acquire a number of weapons, a selection of which are inspired by the seven deadly sins. You’ll be able to wield the Arm Chair-A-Geddon representing sloth, and six others you can check out in the video below (and listed right after).
- Armchair-A-Geddon - (The embodiment of Sloth in the rifle slot) Take a seat and watch the mayhem explode with dual-miniguns and heat-seeking missiles.
- Gallows Dodger - (The embodiment of Pride in the pistol slot) Hurl arcane balls of energy from this mysterious embodiment of murder, which doesn't hesitate to boast of his murderous history.
- Last Supper - (The embodiment of Gluttony in the special weapons slot) Cover your enemies with hell-ish frosting and watch how hunger takes over the masses!
- Uriels Edge - (The embodiment of Envy in the melee slot) Slash, blast and disintegrate your enemies in a deadly ball of fire.
- Ark of the Covenant - (The embodiment of Wrath in the explosive slot) Suck in the souls from your enemies and then launch them at the rest. It's a win-win.
- Boom Chicka - (The embodiment of Lust in the shotgun slot) Nothing says come hither more than Boom Chicka, the sexiest gun in existence.
- Diamond Sting - (The embodiment of Greed in the SMG slot) This weapon propels wages at an incredible rate of fire, turning victims into a shower of wealth.
Saints Row: Gat out of Hell is due out on January 20 for Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, and PC (that's a week earlier than previously announced). You can get it as part of the Saints Row IV: Re-Elected version on new-gen consoles or as a standalone download on all five platforms.
Additionally, if you pre-order the new-gen version of the game, you'll get two DLC packs. The Devil's Workshop pack (also available with a pre-order of just Gat out of Hell) comes with Saints Wings and the Jester's Skull. The Plague of Frogs DLC, which brings some of Hell back to the virtual Steelport of Saints Row IV, includes the infernal guard and hellish princess costumes, as well as the Lil' Coraker gun.
For more, check out our hands-on coverage from PAX 2014.
Note: This story originally neglected to mention the change in release date. We have updated the body with that information. We regret the error.