Need for Speed
Ghost Games says it wants to get back to street racing culture with the November 3 reboot, and the developer has announced it is working with five real-life street racing icons to help achieve this goal.
The icons will be featured in the game as part of the changing narrative influenced by player choice, and these icons also form the racing styles around which you earn reputation.
Here are the icons, with text direct from EA:
- Speed Icon – Magnus Walker collects and restores classic Porsche 911s. He is known for his high-speed driving and will push you to enhance your reputation through adrenaline-fueled driving.
- Style Icon – Ken Block is notorious for his style of aggressive driving, as he showcases in his phenomenal YouTube Gymkhana series. Earn his recognition by mastering the art of precision sliding and jumping through corners and on the streets.
- Build Icon – Nakai-san is the founder of RAUH-Welt BEGRIFF (RWB), a world-renowned tuning and customizing company. Focus on creating that perfect customized ride as you look to impress him.
- Crew Icon – Risky Devil are an infamous drift crew. These guys are the kings of close proximity driving and control. Ride in packs, inches away from wiping each other out as you get to grips with precise control and wild drift trains.
- Outlaw Icon – Morohoshi-san doesn't care how people categorize him, he just does what he wants. He's often seen on the night streets rolling around in his customized ride. Risk it all as you mess with and escape from the cops to grab his attention.
For more on the game, here's our hands-on experience with the title, including its customization features.
Need for Speed comes out on November 3 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.