Metro: Last Light
Deep Silver has announced the first DLC for Metro: Last Light. The Faction Pack will contain three new missions to conquer.
Each of the three new missions offer different gameplay challenges and enemies to face:
- Take over a Reich outpost under the cover of night
- Defend the frontlines with powerful weapons
- Play as a Polis Ranger in training on an exploration assignment
Deep Silver also announced future DLC packs for Metro. The Tower Pack, Developer Pack, and Chronicles Pack will offer more missions as well as new competitive modes and weapons.
The Faction Pack is available for download July 16 on Steam, Xbox Live, and the PlayStation Store. It is included in the season pass or can be purchased for $4.99 or 400 Microsoft points.
For the full press release, please click on page two.
Larkspur, Calif., July 10, 2013 - Deep Silver today announced that the 'Faction Pack' - the first piece of DLC for 4A Games' critically acclaimed Metro: Last Light - is set for worldwide release on Steam, Xbox LIVE® online entertainment network from Microsoft and the PlayStation®Network on July 16th in North America and July 17th in Europe and the rest of the world.
The 'Faction Pack' includes three original single player missions, each casting the player as a different specialist from the warring Factions. Returning to some classic locations from Metro 2033, these missions feature new weapons, the return of a truly terrifying mutant foe, and offer three distinct gameplay challenges...
• As a Special Detachment Sniper of the Redline, players must infiltrate a heavily guarded Reich Outpost at night, under the cover of a deadly radioactive storm...
• ...before defending the Frontline as a Reich 'Heavy', armed with some of the most devastating weaponry found in the Metro.
• Lastly, players take the role of a Polis Ranger in training, tasked with exploring the vast Library complex for artifacts and relics. Salvage can be exchanged for ammunition, filters and hazard suits allowing ever deeper exploration into the Library. Rangers are advised to ignite torches and leave a trail of lights, so they can find their way back to the base before their precious oxygen runs out...
The Faction Pack costs $4.99 / 400 MSP, and is the first of four DLC packs to be included in the Metro: Last Light Season Pass, which at $14.99 / 1200 MSP offers a discount over buying the packs separately, and also includes an additional exclusive weapon, the Abzats.
Deep Silver also revealed additional details on the content of the future DLC packs.
• The 'Tower Pack' presents a unique experience for seasoned Metro gunslingers - a challenge based game mode, with online Leaderboard support, as players fight their way up the combat simulator known as The Tower
• The 'Developer Pack' boasts a fully stocked Shooting Gallery, the AI Arena and Metro Museum... And a bonus solo mission - The Spiders' Nest - offers some new tools for dealing with an infestation of the skittering Spider mutants
• Lastly the Chronicles Pack will feature original single player missions that cast the player as three of the game's standout characters - Pavel, Khan and Anna - and explore their side-stories away from Artyom's adventure
For more information on the Faction Pack, head over to EnterTheMetro.com for the first in a series of Developer DLC blog posts.
The plot of Metro: Last Light was written by Dmitry Glukhovsky, acclaimed author of the novel Metro 2033 which inspired the creation of both video games. Glukhovsky personally contributed the vast majority of dialogue in Metro: Last Light. Glukhovsky's novels "Metro 2033" and "Metro 2034" have sold more than two million copies worldwide. In 2013, his latest book "Metro 2035" will be also available outside of Russia. The film rights for "Metro 2033" were bought by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer (MGM), the movie is currently in development.
For the latest news on Metro: Last Light, Like us at Facebook.com/MetroVideoGame or follow us on Twitter @MetroVideoGame.