Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens
Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens predictably tells the story of the film, with the whimsical humor that TT Games' Lego titles are known for. When we visited TT Fusion a few months ago for our cover story, we were surprised to learn the studio also had the go-ahead from Lucasfilm to create canonical new story missions that show what happened before the film started. A new trailer has been released, showing off some of these missions, as well as the announcement that the movie's cast has recorded new dialogue exclusive to the game. If you've ever wanted to hear Harrison Ford say, "Wookiee cookie," this is your lucky day.
Here's a rundown of the new story content that's coming to the game on June 28, with descriptions straight from Warner Bros.
- Rathtar Hunting – Follows Han Solo and Chewbacca’s voyage to capture the ravenous Rathtars.
- Lor San Tekka’s Return – Uncovers secrets behind Lor San Tekka’s journey to the Jakku Village.
- Poe to the Rescue – Details Poe Dameron’s daring rescue mission to save Admiral Ackbar.
- Crimson Corsair– Explores how the notorious Outer Rim pirate, the Crimson Corsair, foiled the plans of the First Order.
- Trouble Over Taul– Follows the events leading up C-3PO’s acquisition of his new red arm.
- Ottegan Assault– Reveals a puzzle piece to how the Resistance and the First Order find Lor San Tekka on Jakku.
The following actors have lent their vocal talents to the game, ensuring that it's as authentic an experience as possible. Well, as authentic as a Star Wars game that features rubber duckies, hot tubs, and dancing stormtroopers can be.
- Adam Driver (Kylo Ren)
- Anthony Daniels (C-3PO)
- Carrie Fisher (Leia Organa)
- Daisy Ridley (Rey)
- Domhnall Gleeson (General Hux)
- Gwendoline Christie (Captain Phasma)
- Harrison Ford (Han Solo)
- John Boyega (Finn)
- Lupita Nyong’o (Maz Kanata)
- Max von Sydow (Lor San Tekka)
- Oscar Isaac (Poe Dameron)
For more on Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens, including exclusive video features, be sure to visit our hub page by clicking the banner below. And be sure to check out the latest issue of Game Informer magazine for a preview of the story missions, including additional information straight from the developers.