Destiny: The Taken King
The launch of Destiny's The Taken King expansion is just around the corner, but you don't have to wait long to experience all the benefits and changes of the big update Bungie is releasing in preparation for the game. Next Tuesday, September 8, Destiny's 2.0 update will go live, implementing a wealth of changes that will affect how everyone plays. Today we have all the info on what will be affected, from a playable trial of the new Crucible content to news that players' bounties that earn exotic weapons will complete automatically.
Here are the big changes we pulled out from Bungie's update that will kick in with the update:
- The Taken King's new PvP Crucible content will be available for trial from September 8-14, including a look at the 8 new maps along with Rift and Mayhem modes
- All players can now progress up to level 34, enabling all The Taken King players to level to 40
- The Quest Screen will become active, which tracks all active quests
- Exotic bounties in players' inventories will auto-complete when the update goes live. All lesser bounties will be automatically discarded
- Collections will now be available at the Tower, allowing players to access their emblems, shaders, and ships anytime
- Exotic blueprints will be available at the tower, letting players dismantle and rebuild their best equipment at their whim
- Widespread weapon rebalancing will go in effect, which just might finally make the auto-rifle worth a damn
- The deadline to complete the Moments of Triumph meta-achievement has been extended
Head over to Bungie.net for the full rundown on next week's Destiny 2.0 update. The Taken King hits PS4, Xbox One, PS3, and 360 on September 15. For more info on the upcoming expansion, check out our huge hub of exclusive cover story content below.