Cars 3: Driven to Win
A new trailer for the upcoming Cars 3 video game highlights some of the new modes fans can expect to play when the game releases June 13.
Using classic Cars characters like Lightning McQueen and Cruz Ramirez or newcomers like Jackson Storm, players can look forward to the following modes:
- Race: Cars 3's straightforward racing mode.
- Stunt Showcase: Compete with other players to see who can rack up the highest score before time runs out.
- Best Lap Challenge: Try to beat your own best time on one of Cars 3's courses.
- Playground: A sandbox mode for drivers who just want to have fun, whether that be racing, pulling off stunts, or just driving for the fun of it.
- Takedown: A battle mode where cars use power-ups to duke it out. The car with the most points wins.
- Battle Race: A mix of Takedown and Race, utilize power-ups to gain an advantage on your opponents and reach the finish line.
It feels like Cars 3 is taking influence from a certain Nintendo racing game in its Takedown and Battle Race modes, and could be a great kart racing substitute for those without a Wii U or Switch.