THE GAME AWARDS | Follow our coverage Thursday, December 7th at
Today Majesco and developer WayForward have announced that BloodRayne is making a downloadable comeback on PlayStation Network and Xbox Live Arcade this summer. In this upcoming hack-n-slash adventure, Rayne will be recruited by the vampire-hunting Brimstone Society for a final mission to "stop an evil master plot."
WayForward has worked on Batman: The Brave and the Bold, Contra 4, and A Boy and His Blob so we look forward to seeing what they do with femme fatale's latest mission. Betrayal will be a 2D side-scroller in crisp HD, will offer 15 levels across multiple acts, new characters, even more gruesome ways to feed on foes, and a number of environmental puzzles.
Here are a few details provided by Majesco and WayForward:
- Blood Seals: Placed on the ground and in front of doors. Need to be drenched in blood to unlock
- Grinder Switch: Toss enemies into a bone-mashing grinder to activate
- Floodlights: Maneuver through a barrage of floodlights aimed to take the Dhampir out. Rayne can also trick vampires into the light to take the heat off her
- Rising Blood Tower: Fill a pit with enemy blood to make the tower rise so Rayne can escape
Combat and brutalities:
- Infection: Enemy vampires bloat and explode when triggered
- Heel Stomp: Instantly kill enemies after laying them out
- Drain: Bite and drain your enemy’s blood to restore your health
- Rayne’s signature arm blades return
- Handgun offers quick, ranged knockdowns
- Gun that prolongs damage over time via a constant beam of light. Also serves as a sun reflector for puzzle solving
- Flying Parasites: They'll swoop in and attack, but can also be infected and blown up for extra blood
- Wheeler: A freakish genetic experiment with long, sharp arms for long-range attacks
- Blood Balloon: A tough, hammer-wielding brute that explodes upon defeat
- Wraith: Ninja-like enemies sneak up and phase in and out before your eyes
- Elite Guard: The ultimate enemy that is comparable to a vampire Knight with a big sword
BloodRayne: Betrayal will be available this summer for 1200 MS Points/$15. Check out the teaser trailer below.