State Of Decay 2's Independence Pack Lights The Fuse Today
Undead Labs and Microsoft are releasing the first DLC for State of Decay 2 today, giving players a little extra time to get in the Fourth of July spirit. The Independence Pack includes new vehicles, as well as some fireworks- and outdoor grilling-themed weapons.
Here's what you get from the $4.99 DLC, which is included in the game's ultimate edition (with text directly from Microsoft):
- Take the Pyrohawk, Burninator, or Meatwagon out for a spin. With names like these, you know driving will be more entertaining.
- Step up to your station at the BBQ with The Freedom Ringer, Grillmeister and BBQ Fork – new hand-held zed-slaying solutions.
- Subtlety not your thing? Well we have the Pyro Launcher and Starshank Launcher so you can blast zombies with fiery explosives.
- Just like loud noises with pretty colors? You’re in luck! The Block Rocker, Reign o’ Fire, Bouncing Boris and XL Firework Shell offer even more options to turn a mission into a celebration.
- The new Fireworks Crafting Station facility mod crafts additional fireworks or ammunition for your fancy new fireworks launchers. Also keep an eye out for a new wandering trader hosting a fire sale on these explosive new goodies. That’s right, a good ole traditional fireworks sale.
The DLC is accompanied by a new game update, which brings State of Decay 2 up to version 2.0. The update, which is available at no cost to all players, includes 20 new missions, several new weapons, a trader who specializes in books, and some other gameplay tweaks and fixes.