ID@Xbox Adding 17 Games To GDC Lineup
Microsoft has revealed 17 titles new to ID@Xbox, the Xbox One's indie-developed games, ahead of Game Developers Conference next week.
To be clear, these are not all newly announced titles. They are simply revealed to be coming to Xbox One and might be coming to other platforms. Some titles are enhanced for Xbox One X and/or are part of Xbox Play Anywhere, which essentially gives buyers a digital copy of the game to play on the console and a PC.
Here is a list of the 17 games:
- 9 Monkeys of Shaolin (enhanced for Xbox One X)
- Apocalypse Cow (enhanced for X, part of Xbox Play Anywhere)
- Can't Drive This (enhanced for X, Play Anywhere)
- Dead Ahead: Zombie Warfare
- Flipping Death
- Once Upon a Coma (enhanced for X)
- One Finger Death Punch 2
- Pinbrawl (part of Play Anywhere)
- Planet Alpha (enhanced for X)
- Russian Subway Dogs
- Squadron 51 (Play Anywhere)
- Supermarket Shriek
- Thief of Thieves
- Virgo Vs The Zodiac (Play Anywhere)
GDC is from March 19 to March 23 in San Francisco. Microsoft says they will have over 50 games at the event, some available to the public, others at private press screenings.
A GDC poll from January revealed interesting data about the industry, including the rise of games coming to Switch and virtual reality's decline.
[Source: Xbox Wire]
More games are always welcoming, and it's always great seeing a huge company like Microsoft putting indies in the spotlight. Some of the most surprising games have come from small teams. Maybe the next heavy hitter is among this roster.