Bungie Details Future Updates And Possible Changes For Destiny 2 Sandbox
This Week at Bungie, the weekly update from the Destiny 2 developers, the studio detailed upcoming hopeful changes to the game's sandbox and Crucible modes, as well as a general game plan for their future updates.
Bungie released version 1.1.2 yesterday, the first major update for 2018, but is already making plans for what 1.1.3 will bring, as well as 1.1.4 after it. Yesterday's update brought Masterwork armor and and revised raid rewards, while 1.1.3, scheduled for February 27, brings scoring to Nightfall. The update is planned to bring new unique rewards to Nightfall, as well, but Bungie clarifies that this might slip to a later update.
Finally, 1.1.4 will arrive on March 27. This update is centered around Sandbox and Crucible, adding in penalties for players who quit Crucible matches, and an algorithm change to reduce repeat s in strike playlists and the Crucible. Most crucially, 1.1.4 brings six-on-six to Destiny 2, though only for the Iron Banner playlist.
Bungie also detailed a long list of changes to the Sandbox, dubbed the Go Fast Update, including:
- Supers recharge faster for everyone!
- We’ve buffed several weapon archetypes (including, but not limited to, Hand Cannons, Pulse Rifles, Sniper Rifles, and Shotguns) and a few specific perks, as well.
- A key goal here is to make Shotguns, Snipers, and Fusion rifles more prevalent in the game.
- We’ve also been working side-by-side with our friends on PvP to increase the pace of PvP combat and the frequency of power play. Here’s a sneak peek at their hard work:
- Player respawn times for all Quickplay modes have been decreased.
The full list of possible changes can be found at the weekly update post.
Version 1.2 kicks off the third season of Destiny 2, with the next unannounced expansion landing at the same time in May.
[Source: This Week At Bungie]
It definitely seems like Bungie is trying to be more transparent and not promise too much at once. Still, it's a little disappointing that some changes like private Crucible matches will take until March.