Blizzard Announces Return Of Summer Games To Overwatch
Starting Tuesday August 8th, and ending on August 29th, Overwatch is bringing back the Summer Games event that launched their event schedule last year. Summer Games 2016 was the first time Overwatch had a timed event with costumes and game modes made specifically for it.
Lúcioball, the soccer-style game mode that allows two teams of Lúcios to compete against each other for goals, will be returning once again. This year, however, Blizzard is adding a Sydney map and making a few balance changes to help the flow of matches.
There will also be new Summer Games skins available, in addition to last year's skins coming back at a reduced prices.
New 2017 Summer Games Cosmetic Items will cost the following:
- Legendary Skins will cost 3,000 credits
- Epic Skins will cost 750 credits
- Rare tier will cost 225 credits
- Common tier will cost 75 credits
Previous Summer Games cosmetics will be available at a reduced cost:
- Legendary Skins will cost 1,000 credits
- Epic Skins will cost 250 credits
- Rare tier will cost 75 credits
- Common tier will cost 25 credits
Check out Blizzard's Dev Update below and read our review of Overwatch from last May.