Blizzard Announces StarCraft: Remastered Release Date
Today, Blizzard finally unveiled a release date for StarCraft: Remastered, and it's soon. In it, the real-time strategy classic, including the Brood War expansion, is getting a deluxe overhaul, complete with 4K graphics, enhanced audio, updated matchmaking and leaderboard systems, and more. A full list of features from Blizzard can be found below.
- Full graphical upgrade of the original StarCraft and the StarCraft: Brood War expansion
- Widescreen UHD support for up to 4K resolution
- New matchmaking and leaderboards
- Player profiles that track individual statistics
- Cloud saving for campaign progress, hotkeys, and replays
- Higher fidelity music and sound
- Switch between StarCraft: Remastered and the original StarCraft with the click of a button
The remastered version is fully compatible with the pre-existing version, so owners of either version will be able to play together as a singular community.
StarCraft: Remastered is available beginning August 14 on PC for $14.99. For more on the remastered version, click here.
StarCraft has been around for about 20 years now and managed to maintain a solid community throughout that entire duration. It's good to see loyal fans get the luxury treatment with this remaster, and this is also a great time for new players to jump in.