What Remains Of Edith Finch Had Some Of The Best Playtesters In The Industry
What Remains of Edith Finch is a good game you should play, and something in the game's end credits made me realize there is probably a good reason for that.
It's not a spoiler to point this out, so don't worry about looking at this list if you haven't played the game yet, but here are some of the people who helped playtest the game according to its credits:
- Sam Barlow is known for his work on Silent Hill: Origins and Shattered Memories, and he also created Her Story.
- Brendon Chung created Thirty Flights of Loving and Quadrilateral Cowboy.
- Neil Druckmann is the co-director of Uncharted 4 and The Last of Us, and is currently hard at work on The Last of Us 2.
- Nina Freeman created Cibele and the recent Kimmy and is also working on Tacoma.
- Robin Hunicke has been working in the industry for a long time and was the producer for Journey and is currently working with Katamari Damacy creator Keita Takahashi on Wattam.
- Greg Kasavin is a a writer and designer for Supergiant Games known for Bastion and Transistor.
- Seth Killian is known for his work on Street Fighter as well as his work with the fighting game community in general.
- Dino Patti is one of Playdead's co-founders and worked on Limbo and Inside.
- Lucas Pope is the developer behind Papers, Please.
- Davey Wreden made a name for himself with The Stanley Parable, and more recently released The Beginner's guide.
It's unclear exactly how much feedback these folks offered to Giant Sparrow during the development of What Remains of Edith Finch, but it's an impressive group of people to include in the credits.