FIFA 17 And Battlefield 1 Are EA’s Biggest Sellers Of 2016
For the first time in its history, Electronic Arts generated over $1 billion in operating cash flow in a single quarter. This is largely due to the strong performance of Battlefield 1 and FIFA 17.
Here are a few worthwhile stats to recap EA's year.
- Digital net sales* of $2.861 billion for the trailing 12-month period represents 60 percent of total net sales, up 18% year-over-year.
- FIFA 17 was the best-selling console title in the world in 2016.
- Battlefield 1 had the biggest Battlefield launch ever and has a player base more than 50 percent larger than that of Battlefield 4 in its comparable launch quarter.
- To date, more than 10 million fans have played The Journey, the new single-player mode in FIFA 17.
- In Q3, average gameplay time per player in Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes reached a new high of 155 minutes per day.
* Net sales is defined as the net amount of products and services sold digitally or sold-in physically in the period.
EA is in really good shape, and with new Mass Effect, Madden, FIFA, and Star Wars games on the horizon, 2017 could be equally as good.