PSA: The Division’s Patch Is Changing Material Conversions, Dump Your Stuff Now
If you’re sitting on crafting materials or weapons to be broken down in The Division, sign in and deal with that today. Once the patch hits tomorrow, your lower grade mats won’t be worth as much and you’ll get less for deconstructing gear.
Right now, you can upgrade materials with following exchange rate:
- 5 Standard (Green) for 1 Specialized (Blue)
- 5 Specialized (Blue) for 1 High-End (Gold)
- 8 High-End (Gold) for 1 High-End Level 31 (Gold)
That changes tomorrow, weakening the exchange to the following:
- 10 Standard (Green) for 1 Specialized (Blue)
- 15 Specialized (Blue) for 1 High-End (Gold)
- 10 High-End (Gold) for 1 High-End Level 31 (Gold)
You’ll also get one fewer material for breaking down an item (from two to one). If you wait on this, you’re only slowing down your progress. Make some time to sign in and take care of this today.
The good news is that Ubisoft is making a change to named enemies. They are now guaranteed to drop high-end items. The switch moves players away from grinding mats and toward taking down tougher foes for drops. For more on what's coming in the patch, take a look at our previous coverage.