Here's What's Coming To Star Wars Battlefront This Year
Electronic Arts has laid out its plans for upcoming content in Star Wars Battlefront, from free new maps to more info about the season pass. Head in for the full details.
The Expansion packs (covered in the season pass) add the Bespin and Death Star locations, but the specific heroes (Lobot?!), maps, and modes outlined in the pass have not been detailed.
- The Tatooine Survival map (called Raider Camp) will support Blast, Droid Run, Drop Zone, Hero Hunt, and Heroes vs. Villains modes
- Hoth outfits for Luke and Han (previously unlocked upon completion of the Heroes' Holiday community mission)
- The ability to create private matches
- Daily Challenges and Community Events
- General weapon and mode balancing tweaks.
- Survival mission on Hoth (map not disclosed)
- New Hoth multiplayer map supporting Walker Assault, Supremacy, Fighter Squadron, and Turning Point.
- Turning Point mode available on all maps that currently support Walker Assault and Supremacy.
- New Endor multiplayer map supporting Walker Assault, Supremacy, and Turning Point.
- Tatooine Survival map.
Here are the expansion packs in the Season Pass (text from EA):
- Star Wars Battlefront Outer Rim (March 2016) – Fight among the factories of Sullust and battle within Jabba the Hutt's palace on Tatooine
- Star Wars Battlefront Bespin (Summer 2016) – It's hunt or be hunted in this action-packed experience set in the Cloud City of Bespin
- Star Wars Battlefront Death Star (Fall 2016) – That's no moon! One of the most iconic locations in the Star Wars universe makes its debut in Star Wars Battlefront.
- Star Wars Battlefront Expansion Pack 4 – Title TBA (Early 2017)
It's good to know that the season pass' new maps will take place at new locations and not just be on the same planets we've already been playing, but I assume that Cloud City and the Death Star are too small to accommodate the large-scale modes like Walker Assault, etc. Speaking of assumptions, I would have to think the upcoming private matches will be filled with bots as well.