Microsoft Runs Down 2016 Xbox One Console Exclusives
Following the delay of Scalebound into 2017, Microsoft decided to put fans’ minds at ease about what’s coming for the console. Despite losing Platinum’s dragon-themed adventure, there are still a number of things planned.
We’ve got a locked in date for Quantum Break on April 5, and Microsoft is planning for Gears of War’s return in the fall. We also know that Fable Legends will finally be arriving in open beta this spring.
Here’s everything Microsoft has to share right now:
- Gears of War 4 (Xbox One) – Multiplayer Beta in Spring 2016/Launch in Fall 2016
- Quantum Break (Xbox One) – April 5, 2016
- Halo Wars 2 (Xbox One & Windows 10) – Fall 2016
- Crackdown 3 (Xbox One) – Multiplayer in Summer 2016
- Fable Legends Open Beta (Xbox One & Windows 10) – Spring 2016
- ReCore (Xbox One & Windows 10) – 2016
- Sea of Thieves (Xbox One & Windows 10) – 2016
- Gigantic (Xbox One & Windows 10) – 2016
- Killer Instinct: Season 3 (Xbox One & Windows 10) – March 2016
- Gears of War: Ultimate Edition (Windows 10) – Spring 2016
- Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition (Xbox One & Windows 10) – Spring 2016
- Cobalt (Xbox One, Xbox 360 & Steam) – Feb. 2, 2016
This isn’t the first we’ve seen Crackdown 3’s oddly specific multiplayer listing. Microsoft told us that it plans to use Game Preview for its own titles, and this could indicate when we’ll be seeing that.
This is also the first we’re hearing that ReCore will be launching on PC. It’s not yet clear if that will be a simultaneous release with the Xbox One version.
[Source: Xbox Wire]
I expect there will be more announced, but pulling the two re-releases of the list (Ori and Gears Ultimate) and the two games that are only confirmed as open beta (Fable Legends and Gigantic) definitely diminishes it a bit. Still, we’re only at January 4 and this is looking like a full schedule (and more is sure to be announced).
On a personal note, I continue to weep for the absence of Phantom Dust. I kinda loved that game on the original Xbox.