Heavy Rain & Beyond: Two Souls Coming To PS4
Quantic Dream is one of Sony's most ambitious first-party studios, and if you haven't played Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls, their re-vamped re-releases will give you the opportunity to do so on the PS4.
The pair are coming to PS4: Beyond: Two Souls is first on November 24 for $29.99 followed by Heavy Rain on March 1st. A specific price for the PS4 edition of Heavy Rain has not yet been divulged, but it will be discounted if you purchase Beyond: Two Souls for PS4. Both are digital-only releases. Click each title for our reviews of the original PS3 versions.
Here's a list of Beyond: Two Souls' new features (text straight from Sony):
- Enhanced 1080p graphics including motion blur, bloom, and depth of field effects, as well as improved lighting and shadows. The game also makes use of the DualShock 4 speaker to improve immersion when playing as the Entity.
- Decisions are highlighted at the end of each scene and compared with those made by other players.
- Once you have completed Beyond: Two Souls, you will be able to replay the game in chronological order – a much requested feature in the PS3 version!
- Increased difficulty in a certain fight scene, combined with improved controls for action sequences.
- Includes the "Enhanced Experiments" DLC.
For more on Quantic's upcoming project: Detroit: Become Human, check out this debut preview.
[Source: Official PlayStation Blog]
The new features sound interesting because some of them have been heavily requested by fans, but not enough to warrant a second purchase. Then again, if you haven't played these titles, they're worth checking out.