Nintendo Announces Star Fox, Xenoblade, Fatal Frame Release Dates
Nintendo has provided a complete list of major releases coming to the Wii U and 3DS this fall. The publisher’s holiday lineup takes shape with the announcement of release dates for Star Fox, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Devil’s Third, and more.
Normally, this kind of information would be delivered in a Nintendo Direct. However, with the untimely passing of company president Satoru Iwata, it seems Nintendo opted for a more a traditional approach.
Here’s when you can expect the major first-party titles on Wii U this fall:
- Super Mario Maker - September 11
- New Super Mario Bros. U / New Super Luigi U Combo - October 16
- Yoshi’s Woolly World - October 18
- Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water (Digital Only) - October 22
- Star Fox Zero - November 20
- Xenoblade Chronicles X - December 4
- Devil’s Third - December 11
Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival and Mario Tennis Ultra Smash are are still listed for release during Holiday 2015.
On 3DS, players have a handful of releases on the way. These include:
- Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer - September 25
- Chibi-Robo Zip Lash - October 9
- The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes - October 23
- Yo-Kai Watch - November 6
- Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon - November 20
For more fall releases, you can check out our full list of games arriving in 2015.
Nintendo has a fairly strong holiday lineup for Wii U, especially with the addition of Skylanders, Lego Dimensions, and Disney Infinity. However, there doesn’t seem to be a primary title.
All of the games coming would normally complement a major highlight. In this case, it’s the absent The Legend of Zelda.
I also question the $60 price tag on the New Super Mario Bros. U bundle (because of age) and Star Fox Zero. When we interviewed designer Shigeru Miyamoto, he told us that the game was designed to be completed in the time it takes to watch a movie (two to three hours). I suspect some fans will not see this as a $60 value.