Here's What Happens When You Start The Witcher 3's New Game Plus
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt developer CD Projekt RED announced that it is working on a new game plus feature for the game's final free piece of DLC, and a few details have trickled out.
According to a post from the developer's community and website coordinator Marcin Momot on the game's official forums, here's what you can expect (text directly from Momot):
- Enemies will be stronger, obviously.
- What carries over? Player experience (if you're below level 30 when finishing the vanilla game, you will be bumped to level 30 for the start of NG+), items (excluding: quest items, books & letters, Gwent cards, usable items, trophies), money, and alchemy recipes.
- When starting New Game Plus you can select any difficulty level.
- You can obtain the Death Match achievement when playing the NG+ mode.
- What's the starting level of the character when beginning NG+? The same that you had when finishing the game, if above 30, otherwise you start at level 30. You also get a free Clearing Potion at the start so you can reset your skills and try a different build.
In another post, Momot also says that created elixirs "should carry over as well."
The game's new game plus DLC does not have a release date yet.
[Source: CD Projekt RED]
Are you going to try a different build when doing NG+?