Ten Naughty Dog Artists Gather Tomorrow To Discuss Uncharted, The Last Of Us, And More
Ten members of Naughty Dog’s art team will be gathering at the Gnomon School of Visual Effects, Games, and Animation tomorrow to discuss their craft. The event will be held in Los Angeles, but if you can’t attend, you won’t need to miss out.
The event isn’t specifically to discuss the upcoming Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End (though it will no doubt be mentioned). Rather the artists will discuss their daily work, the types of projects they’ve participated in, and the skills required to succeed in the field.
Participating artists include:
- Ana Cho, Texture Artist
- Christophe Desse, Technical Artist
- Alice Gionchetta, Texture Artist
- Hans Godard, Character Technical Director
- Yibing Jiang, Character Shading Artist
- Aaron Limonick, Concept Artist
- Adam Littledale, Environment Modeler
- Andrew Maximov, Artist
- Neilan Naicker, Dynamics Artist
- Adam Scott, Character Artist
The event begins at 7 p.m. Pacific and is scheduled to last until 11 p.m. Pacific.
- 7:00 – 8:00 pm: Game Character Creation Panel: Hans Godard, Yibing Jiang, Adam Scott
- 8:10 – 9:10 pm: Video Game Environments: Ana Cho, Alice Gionchetta, Aaron Limonick, Adam Littledale
- 9:20 – 10:20 pm: Technical Art: Christophe Desse, Andrew Maximov, Neilan Naicker
- 10:30 – 11:00 pm: Q&A Session
Whether you are interested in a career in video game art or are just interested in seeing how game aesthetics come together, this a neat opportunity. The three panel topics cover different disciplines that all must mesh together for a cohesive visual experience. I'm looking forward to learning more.