Borderlands: The Handsome Collection Lands On Xbox One, PS4 In March With A $400 Limited Edition
This news is unlikely to shock you. Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel is coming to current-generation consoles. What may be a surprise though is that it’s not alone.
Gearbox is also updating Borderlands 2 for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 bringing the pair of titles together to create The Handsome Collection. For those of you who have been playing Borderlands 2 on last-gen systems, you won’t have to leave your progress behind either.
If you’ve been playing Borderlands 2 on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, or Vita, you can move your character progress and badass rank to the current-gen system in the same family. The same goes for The Pre-Sequel (though not on Vita, because it isn’t on that system).
The Handsome Collection also sports four-player split-screen for the first time. Both games will run at 1080p and up to 60 frames per second. In four-player split-screen mode, target frame rate is 30 frames per second.
Both titles come with all announced DLC. For The Pre-Sequel, this includes the remaining two pieces of the season pass that have yet to be detailed. We now know they are a campaign add-on and another character. Scroll all the way down for the full list of everything you get.
Click to enlarge.
In addition to the standard edition, which will retail for $59.99, diehard fans might be interested in the collector’s edition. The Claptrap-in-a-Box Edition comes with a steelbook case, twelve lithographs (one for each vault hunter), and a remote-controlled Claptrap.
The Claptrap model is fully operational and rolls on a single wheel. It has a camera in its eye and connects to an iPhone ClaptrApp so you can control it and see what it sees. These are limited to 5,000 units, so if you want one, you’re going to need to move quickly.
The absurdly extravagant collector’s edition aside, $59.99 is a fair asking price for both games and every bit of content that’s been released. I don’t know that I’ve ever want to play four-player split screen, but for those that miss the days of crowding on a couch for FPS fun, this is great. I’m definitely interested to see how this looks on current-gen hardware.
Included Add-On Content
- Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate's Booty (campaign add-on)
- Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage (campaign add-on)
- Sir Hammerlock’s Big Game Hunt (campaign add-on)
- Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep (campaign add-on)
- The Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack (level cap increase)
- Gaige the Mechromancer (playable class)
- Krieg the Psycho (playable class)
- Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 2: Digistruct Peak Challenge (level cap increase & challenge arena)
- Creature Slaughter Dome (challenge arena)
- T.K. Baha’s Bloody Harvest (Headhunter Pack)
- The Horrible Hunger of the Ravenous Wattle Gobbler (Headhunter Pack)
- How Marcus Saved Mercenary Day (Headhunter Pack)
- Mad Moxxi and the Wedding Day Massacre (Headhunter Pack)
- Sir Hammerlock vs. the Son of Crawmerax (Headhunter Pack)
- Character Customization Packs
- Collector's Edition Pack
- Commando Madness Pack
- Commando Supremacy Pack
- Commando Domination Pack
- Siren Madness Pack
- Siren Supremacy Pack
- Siren Domination Pack
- Gunzerker Madness Pack
- Gunzerker Supremacy Pack
- Gunzerker Domination Pack
- Mechromancer Madness Pack
- Mechromancer Supremacy Pack
- Mechromancer Domination Pack
- Assassin Madness Pack
- Assassin Supremacy Pack
- Assassin Domination Pack
- Mechromancer Steampunk Slayer Pack
- Gunzerker Dapper Gent Pack
- Psycho Dark Psyche Pack
- Psycho Madness Pack
- Psycho Supremacy Pack
- Psycho Domination Pack
- Siren Glitter and Gore Pack
- Commando Haggard Hunter Pack
- Assassin Stinging Blade Pack
- Mechromancer Beatmaster Pack
- Gunzerker Greasy Grunt Pack
- Psycho Party Pack
- Siren Learned Warrior Pack
- Commando Devilish Good Looks Pack
- Assassin Cl0ckw0rk Pack
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
- Handsome Jack Doppelganger Pack (playable class)
- Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack: The Holodome Onslaught (level cap increase & challenge arena)
- Shock Drop Slaughter Pit (challenge arena)
- Upcoming Season Pass Content (playable class)
- Upcoming Season Pass Content (campaign add-on)