CJ Makes Good, As Rockstar Confirms Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas For Xbox 360
Rockstar has confirmed that one of the original Xbox’s trio of original Grand Theft Auto titles is getting a makeover for Xbox 360. GTA: San Andreas is coming to Microsoft’s last-gen console as a downloadable title.
Rockstar confirmed the news after gamers found a list of achievements and noticed that the original Xbox version was removed from the marketplace. The new version will be available starting October 26 and will feature 720p resolution, improved draw distance, and achievements.
Here’s the list of achievements you can earn, except for 11 secret ones you’ll need to uncover for yourself.
- Getting Started - Meet up with the crew and escape the Ballas.
- The End of the Line - Beat the game.
- Represent - Purchase a Grove Street tattoo
- Hustle some - Win a game of pool
- A Legitimate Business - Export all three car lists
- The American Dream - Purchase your first house
- Get a Pump - Workout your arms or chest.
- Pay 'n' Spray - Handle the heat with a new paint job
- Bike or Biker - Complete BMX or NRG challenge
- Beat the *** - Win the Beat the *** marathon
- Metrosexual - Spend $6,969 on clothes, hair, and tattoos.
- School's Out - Fully complete a vehicle school
- Serial Offender - Get arrested 50 times.
- Freight Date - Take the train between cities
- Horror of the Santa Maria - Drown
- Assert Yourself Next Time - Fail a mission
- What the City Needs - Master Vigilante Mode
- Savior - Master Paramedic Mode
- Rescue a Kitten Too? - Master Firefighter Mode
- Yes I Speak English - Master Taxi Mode
- Trickster - Master Pimping Game
- Time to Kill - Watch Credits to the end
If you purchased the Xbox Originals version of the game, you’ll still have access to that (even though you can’t purchase it now). Your save files won’t transfer over, though.
This weekend, Rockstar is celebrating the 10-year anniversary of San Andreas with a throwback playlist, four t-shirts representing that game’s radio stations, double RP, double GTA$, discounts on a variety of items, and a Snapmatic contest.
If you happened to miss San Andreas when it was released on Xbox and PlayStation 2 (and still didn’t move when it was re-released on the Xbox 360 marketplace), maybe achievement support and improved visuals will help. You’ve got just under month to work through this before GTA V hits new-gen consoles.