You’ll Need A Code For The Pokémon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire Demo
Earlier today, we mentioned a demo for Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire in a story about new mega evolutions. It seems that you won’t just be able to download it from the eShop. You’ll need a code.
Nintendo says there will be a number of ways to get your hands on demo codes. Why would you go through the trouble? If you capture a Glalie, you’ll be able to transport it over to the full version via Pokémon Link and start with a mega evolved Pokémon. Your purchased items (like Pokéballs and potions) get ported over, too.
Here are the ways you can get yourself a code:
- Select movie theaters will have them from November 7 through 13
- Some retailers will have them during the holidays
- Purchase Pokémon Art Academy from the eShop
- Purchase Pokémon Puzzle Challenge or Pokémon Trading Card Game (coming November 13) from the eShop
- Codes will be sent to some Nintendo customers who have Nintendo IDs and have signed up for promotional emails
- The Pokémon mall tour is running November 24 through December 16, and codes will be available if you demo Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire (you’ll get two this way, but a list of locations isn’t available yet)
For more on Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, check out the mega evolution news from this morning.
I’ve never understood restricting a demo to a smaller audience or a limited number of uses. I suppose if you want a demo code badly enough, you can pay for one (and get one of the three titles mentioned above at the same time).