Zen Studios' Kickbeat: Special Edition Bops Onto Wii U, PS4 Next Week
Zen Studios is best known for its great digital pinball releases, but the studio is more than flippers and bumpers. One of its other titles, a kung fu rhythm game called Kickbeat, is headed to two more platforms next week.
Kickbeat was first released on PS3 and Vita last September, before making its way to PC this January. A special edition version of the title will arrive on September 16 for PlayStation 4 in North America, September 17 for PS4 in Europe, and September 18 for Wii U.
The new version will feature the following tracks:
- Pendulum – Self vs. Self, Propane Nightmares (Celldweller Remix)
- Celldweller – Switchback, I Can’t Wait
- Marilyn Manson – The Beautiful People
- Shen Yi – War Dance
- POD – Boom
- Papa Roach – Last Resort
- Blue Stahli – Takedown, Scrape, Ultranumb
- Southpaw Swagger – It’s Showtime
- Pre-Fight Hype – It’s Goin Down
- Voicians – Fighters, The Construct
- Rob Zombie – Scum of the Earth
- Styles Beyond – Nine Thou
- Pre-Fight Hype & Southpaw Swagger – Tug-O-War
- enV – Destination, RPM, Vee, Shakestopper, OCP, Bloom
Because this is a new version of the game, it is not eligible for cross-buy on PlayStation Network (though the PS3 and Vita versions are still unlock both of those installments with a single purchase). Kickbeat: Special Edition costs $9.99/€9,99/£7.99 on both Wii U and PS4.
Kickbeat is a great rhythm game with a cool aesthetic. If you’re looking for something flashy with great music that can be played with a controller, it’s definitely worth having on your radar.