Watch Dogs Patches Rolling Out With Focus On PC Issues
Ubisoft has announced that a patch for Watch Dogs is rolling out across all five platforms. Those prowling the streets of Chicago on PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 may have already received the update.
PC gamers will be getting the patch in the very near future. Those on Xbox 360 and Xbox One will see it sometime in the next week.
Here’s what you can expect from the update:
MAJOR GAME FIXES
- Automatically reconstructed corrupted save files which prevented loading to go further than 90%. Some collectibles may remain unrecoverable.
- Fixed the issue preventing players from using hacks in game.
- Fixed several mission-breaking bugs.
- Fixed minor mission and item-related issues.
- Fixed the issue that caused the empty weapon-wheel.
- Fixed several minor respawn issues.
- Fixed some connection and session joining issues.
PC SPECIFIC FIXES
- Fixed graphical glitches on Low & Medium settings.
- Fixed some crashes on SLI configurations.
- Implemented several performance improvements.
- Implemented a few control improvements.
- Fixed issues causing infinite messaging and timing-out when trying to access the Online Shop from the Extras Menu while Uplay is set to Offline mode.
- Fixed issues connecting to a Multiplayer game.
- Implemented several mouse modifications.
- Fixed “Drinking Game” control issue where wrong information was displayed when played with a gamepad.
- Fixed “Chess Game” control issue.
- Fixed bug where the invasion setting was never saved.
- Fixed graphical issues during cut scenes and cinematics.
- Fixed several graphical and texture bugs.
- Removed Vista OS check to prevent false positives.
- Added game version in main menu.
For more on Watch Dogs, check out our review.
Thanks to Eric for the news tip.
PC gamers have been particularly concerned about the optimization of the game on that platform. Hopefully the SLI and performance improvements will help mend those issues.