Steam Holiday Sale 2013 Is Now Underway
Chances are that you’re getting close to scratching off that last name from your shopping list. Here’s hoping there’s a little bit left in your wallet to take advantage of this year’s Steam Holiday Sale.
The festivus of savings is now underway and will continue through January 3. During the sale, every three votes for the community choice sales earns you a snow globe steam trading card. Cards can also be earned by crafting a game badge (this went live on December 10, so you may be ahead), making a purchase, trading, or buying from the community market.
Once you have 10, you can craft the snow globe badge. Doing so will earn you an in-game item for one of many free-to-play titles, including:
- Dota 2
- Path of Exile
- Ragnarok II
- Realm of the Mad God
- Spiral Knights
- Star Conflict
- Stronghold Kingdoms
- Team Fortress 2
- War Thunder
The badge can be crafted as many times as you can cobble the cards together. If you manage to craft a foil badge, you’ll get five of the items listed on this page.
Here are the games on offer for the first day:
- Asetto Corsa - $29.99 (Regularly $39.99)
- Batman: Arkham Origins - $24.99 (Regularly $49.99)
- BioShock Infinite - $9.99 (Regularly $39.99)
- Dead Island GOTY Edition - $4.99 (Regularly $19.99)
- Dishonored - $7.49 (Regularly $29.99)
- Metal Gear Rising - $19.99 (Regularly $29.99)
- Monaco - $5.99 (Regularly $14.99)
- Space Hulk - $10.19 (Regularly $29.99)
- The Stanley Parable - $8.99 (Regularly $14.99)
I’ve just entered the PC world, and while my Steam library is already overflowing, I imagine I’ll be opening my wallet at least once before this sale is over. I’ve had my eye on Rogue Legacy, Don’t Starve, and The Witcher games. This might be my moment.