Machinima App Offers Tips, Tricks, And Achievements On Xbox One
Microsoft and Machinima are teaming up to offer Xbox One gamers a series of videos alongside the launch of the new console. The 30 videos in the Wingman series will offer players a chance to get hints side-by-side with the gameplay experience by “snapping” the Machinima app to the side of the screen.
Four games will be featured at launch: Dead Rising 3, Battlefield 4, Ryse: Son of Rome, and Call of Duty: Ghosts. Additionally, if there are videos for other games you’re playing, snapping the Machinima app will bring those to the surface.
There are 10 Machinima app achievements that users can earn. Remember, these won’t affect your gamerscore. They are:
- License and Registration: Simply download the Machinima App.
- n00b: Watch a video on the Machinima App.
- Thanks for the Sub: Subscribe to a show, game or partner on the Machinima App.
- Addict: Launch the Machinima App 10 times within 30 days.
- Night Owl: Launch the Machinima App between 1 and 4 a.m. local time.
- You Can Be My Wingman Anytime: Watch 30 Machinima Wingman videos.
- You Can Be Mine: Watch 150 Machinima Wingman videos.
- TV Rots Your Brain: Watch 1,000 videos on the Machinima App.
- Oversharer: Share 10 videos on Facebook via the Machinima App.
- And one secret achievement — you’ll have to look back through the history of Machinima to find this hidden gem.
The Machinima app will be available on November 22, 2013. For more on the Xbox One user experience check out our preview.
[Source: Xbox Wire]
Snapping apps to the right side of the Xbox One interface is useful, but this new context-sensitive feature takes it to another level. The potential for apps to surface content based on what’s going on in the other window is brilliant. I’m looking forward to seeing this in action.