Battlefield 4 Beta Coming In Early October, Premium Detailed
At EA's Gamescom 2013 press conference, the publisher announced that the Battlefield 4 beta will begin in early October 2013. Additionally, we have new details on Battlefield 4 Premium.
Those that buy the $50 season pass will get five expansions and a number of other perks. The map packs have been named and dated:
- Battlefield 4 Second Assault – Includes four fan-favorite Battlefield 3™ maps now re-imagined with the power of Frostbite™ 3. Available first on Xbox One.
- Battlefield 4 China Rising – Players fight for dominance across the vast and majestic Chinese mainland. Available December 2013.
- Battlefield 4 Naval Strike – Experience dynamic ocean combat as the Chinese armada takes the fight to the sea. Available Spring 2014.
- Battlefield 4 Dragon’s Teeth – The US strikes back engaging in all-out urban warfare. Available Summer 2014.
- Battlefield 4 Final Stand – Bring the war to its epic conclusion. Available Summer 2014.
Additionally, players will receive early access to the new content (two weeks), priority queueing on servers, 12 bonus battlepacks (which seem like the bundles of gear in Mass Effect 3's online mode) that include knives, dog tags, gun attachments, camoflauge, and XP boosts.
The Battlefield 4 beta will be exclusive for the first three days to Battlefield 3 Premium members, those that pre-ordered Battlefield 4 Digital Deluxe Edition, owners of Medal of Honor: Warfighter Digital Deluxe Edition, and owners of Medal of Honor: Warfighter Limited Edition.
Battlefield 4 will launch on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC on October 29, 2013. Next-generation versions are planned, with the Xbox One version confirmed for that platform's launch.