Here Are Xbox Live Arcade's Best Selling Games In 2012
The Xbox Live Arcade is going strong with revenues estimated to have doubled 2011's according to fadellc.com. That probably has a lot to do with the game that was the best selling XBLA game in 2012. And I am going to predict that it might just be the best selling game in 2013 again when that list rolls around.
You can check out the list below which features surprises and non-surprises alike. Castle Crashers, a game that released five years ago is still selling like crazy, and apparently I am Alive, a game with mixed critical reception, sold better than Tony Hawk's HD outing. I'm also disappointed to see that my personal favorite game of 2012, Fez, didn't break the top 10.
- Minecraft – 4,997,000 units/$97,388,000
- Trials Evolution – 1,002,000 units/$14,298,000
- The Walking Dead – 2,615,000 units/$10,277,000
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive – 273,000/$3,973,000
- Castle Crashers – 252,000 units/$3,778,000
- Gotham City Impostors – 258,000 units/$3,698,000
- I Am Alive – 245,000 units/$3,609,000
- Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater HD – 226,000 units/$3,261,000
- Alan Wake’s American Nightmare – 206,000 units/$2,903,000
- Trials HD – 203,000/$2,799,000
[via XBLA Fans]