Insomniac Announces Ratchet: Deadlocked HD
Insomniac hosted a panel during PAX Prime 2012 in Seattle celebrating the 10th anniversary of the Ratchet & Clank series. The team revealed several cool bits of trivia regarding the series’ history and details about the new downloadable game, Full Frontal Assault. The crew also announced that they’ll be following up the Ratchet & Clank Collection with the release of Ratchet: Deadlocked HD on PSN later this year.
Here are some other cool bits the Insomniac team touched on during the panel:
- Clank originally looked more alien than robot. He was also many robots that would cling to Ratchet.
- Insomniac revealed color tests for Ratchet in red, blue, purple, yellow, blue, and more. One Insomniac dev said “Following Spyro, the last thing we wanted to do was another purple hero.”
- Insomniac employees were working 80- and 90-hour weeks when Insomniac president Ted Price asked them to start work on Ratchet 2.
- The Mackerel 2000, a rejected weapon, was simply a fish.
- Insomniac says that the relationship between Ratchet and his girlfriend Talwyn will never extend beyond him "having feelings for her." It's a line the developer doesn't wish to cross.
- There was a rejected grilled cheese sandwich launcher. Enemies would get stuck in the cheese or become vulnerable as they ate the sandwich. An nuclear upgrade would make the cheese so hot that it would melt enemies.
Stay tuned on more information on Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault and Ratchet: Deadlocked HD.