Capcom Reveals More Information On Resident Evil 6's Agent Hunt Mode
We already learned that Ada Wong has her own campaign in Resident Evil 6, and that you can play as zombies, but now we know more about how it will all work.
With Agent Hunt mode, players will be able to enter the games of others (who elect to let people in) and play as zombies in an attempt to hunt them down. Here are the details on how to access the mode once the game releases in October as outlined by Capcom:
- Complete the main campaigns for either Leon, Chris or Jake to then unlock the Agent Hunt stages for each of those respective campaigns.
- When creating a Resident Evil 6 gameplay session a player has the option to allow/not allow Agent Hunt.
- When a hunter searches for a session to join they will see whether or not other players from around the world want to allow hunters into their game.
- The hunter then picks another player’s session to join and jumps into that session (please note only certain stages will be available for Agent Hunt sessions).
- The agent side can be either a single human player with an AI partner, or two human players in co-op mode. Up to two separate hunters can join an Agent Hunt session. When a hunter dies they respawn in the same session as a different random enemy from that area.
- If the hunter eliminates the agent then they will be taken to a ‘hunt successful’ results screen where they can join another session if they wish.
- If the agent is eliminated then their game session will end exactly as if they had been playing a standard game session with CPU enemies.
- If the hunter quits the session then the agent’s game continues as normal with all AI enemies.
I don't know about you, but I am into the idea of the zombies on my game being controlled by real humans. Resident Evil 6 is coming to PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 on October 2, with the PC version set to follow at an unspecified time.