Mass Effect 3: Rebellion Pack Announced
EA announced the Rebellion Pack for Mass Effect 3, a free download pack available starting next month that adds two brand-new maps, new unlockable characters, a new team objective and a new equipment slot to the cooperative mode.
The pack is only available for free if you redeemed your Mass Effect 3 online pass. Also available are all new weapons and items through reinforcement packs in the game’s multiplayer store. The Mass Effect 3: Rebellion Pack will be available starting May 29 on Xbox Live and Origin, and on PlayStation Network in North America on May 29 and in Europe on May 30.
The Rebellion Pack includes the following content:
- Two New Action-Packed Maps – Land on Firebase Jade, located in a Salarian STG base on Sur’Kesh and fight to control Firebase Goddess on the Asari homeworld of Thessia.
- Six Powerful New Unlockable Characters – Level and promote six new unlockable characters, including the ex-Cerberus Adept and Vanguard, the Vorcha Soldier and Sentinel or the Male Quarian Engineer and Infiltrator.
- New In-Mission Objective – Randomly occurring during waves 3, 6 and 10, this new objective will demand that teams retrieve a high priority package and securely escort it to a designated extraction zone on each map.
- New Gear Slot – A new slot will be available on the equipment screen, offering players a persistent gameplay bonus that will not expire after the end of a match. These new items will vary from weapon upgrades to character enhancements and will be available through reinforcement packs.
- Lethal New Weapons – Eliminate the enemy with deadly new weapons, including the Cerberus Harrier, Krysae Sniper Rifle, and Reegar Carbine.