Arkham City Xbox 360 Saves Disappearing
Numerous users reported recently their game saves for Batman: Arkham City on Xbox 360 have disappeared without warning.
According to posts on the official forums for Batman: Arkham City, a bug detected in the game has caused game saves to disappear from the load menu or be deleted completely. Reports seem to indicated this is a problem with the Xbox 360 version only and is possibly linked to the Catwoman download content.
Warner Bros. said in a statement is was unable to reproduce the error and is asking those experiencing the problem to contact customer support. Head over to the official thread if you're experiencing the deleted saves bug.
The statement in full is posted below:
We greatly appreciate and value you as a customer and apologize for any
inconvenience if you have encountered any technical problems which might
have impacted your experience with the game.
We would very much like to fix the “disappearing save files” issue some consumers have been reporting with the XBOX 360 version of the game as quickly as possible. Thus far our QA department has been unable to reproduce this issue.
For those of you who are experiencing this particular issue, it would be invaluable to our QA team's ongoing test efforts if you can contact WB Games Support (email@example.com) and let us know some specifics as to the hardware and software configuration of the XBOX 360 machine you are playing the game on. Answering the specific information below when you contact WB Games Customer Support would be most helpful:
- What version of the XBOX 360 hardware are you are experiencing the “disappearing save files” issue on?
- What storage method are you using to save your Batman: Arkham City game files to (i.e. XBOX 360 hard drive, XBOX 360 memory unit, USB drive)?
- What version of the XBOX 360 system software do you have on your machine?
- Are you running a Beta version of the forthcoming XBOX 360 “Holiday 2011” system update?
- Have you experienced the “disappearing save files” issue before and/or after installing any Batman: Arkham City DLC content (If yes, please be specific as to the DLC content you have downloaded)?
- Have you experienced the “disappearing save files” issue before and/or after installing either of Batman: Arkham City's two title updates?
Hopefully, the information you provide will result in a more specific
pattern to emerge which will let us consistently reproduce the
“disappearing save files” issue and ultimately get a fix in place.
Thank you for your input and support.