News

We Haven't Seen The Last Of Duke Nukem

by Dan Ryckert on Jun 21, 2011 at 01:45 PM

Duke has been the talk of the industry for the last week or two, and it's not in the good way. The 12-years-in-the-making title launched to dismal review scores and numerous offended journalists, but that's not enough to bruise the King's massive ego.

Speaking to Forbes, Take-Two CEO Strauss Zelnick says we haven't seen the last of Duke. "We don’t really talk about it in detail but you will see future Duke IP coming from this company," said the exec.

He offers nothing even remotely specific, but he does defend Duke's content in the same interview. "We take ratings guidelines and marketing guidelines as seriously as a heart attack around here. We do not market mature products to children. When friends of mine say, 'Oh, I plan to get Red Dead Redemption for my fifteen year old,' I say, 'You know this product is intended for adults?' We are incredibly serious about it."

Zelnick continued, "What is there left to be said? I’m sorry if you don’t like it. Don’t consume it."